Student Government: Entrepreneurship Fund - Director of Public Relations
Name: Kate Lin
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: apx 5 hrs/wk
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2013
End Date: June 20, 2014
Job Number: 0008-0522-2013
Last Date to Apply: May 23, 2013
The duties of the Director of Public Relations are, in broad
terms, to communicate the mission of the Entrepreneurship Fund (E-Fund) to the
student body. The Director of PR is chiefly responsible for the marketing
efforts of the E-Fund - through individual efforts, collaboration with the
E-Fund staff, and/or through collaboration with campus organizations and media
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a marketing strategy and agenda for all E-Fund events and funding cycles.
- Managing the E-Fund social media. This entails regularly posting valuable, relevant, and fascinating content on the Facebook page and Twitter account . Hootsuite can be utilized to schedule posts in advance.
- Increasing the following of E-Fund social media pages.
- Collaborating with campus media outlets (The Aggie, Aggie TV, etc.) and professional organizations in order to help promote the E-Fund.
- Playing an active role in E-Fund meetings in order to generate new ideas that propel the growth of the organization, and to assist the staff with miscellaneous tasks.
- Social media savvy; Creative marketing mind.
- Organized, dependable, and punctual
- Interested in social entrepreneurship
- Strong independent initiative
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.