California Aggie: EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
Name: Sophie Dewees
You can visit the California Aggie website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 19 hrs/wk. (refer to budget for weeks and hours paid). Hours beyond specified requirement will be considered volunteer/education experience only.
Start Date: June 16, 2023
End Date: June 13, 2024
Job Number: 0001-5259-2023
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 6, 2023
The Editor is the Chief Administrative Officer of The California Aggie. As Chief Administrative Officer, the editor bears responsibility for the implementation of the administrative plan for the newspaper as established and approved by the Campus Media Board. The editor bears final responsibility and authority for all production, personnel, fiscal and policy matters and serves as the paper’s primary liaison with ASUCD, the Campus Media Board, the university and the general public.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Must complete UC Managing Implicit Bias Series from University of California Learning Center within 2 weeks of being hired or have completed the series in the past year
- Completion of UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Non-Supervisors and the Clery Act Training for Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) within two weeks of being hired or have completed these courses in the past two years.
- The editor in chief must work both daytime and evening hours, often six days a week, to fulfill the duties and responsibilities detailed in the above job description. The position is budgeted for 19 hours a week, but an average commitment of 30 to 40 hours per week can be expected. Depending on the publishing schedule of the paper, a greater or lesser amount of time can be anticipated in any given week.
- Because the Editor-in-Chief sits on the Editorial Board, they cannot be affiliated with any other publication or the ASUCD government.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.