Student Government: Housing Committee Chairperson
Name: Mehalet Shibre
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5 hours/week (refer to budget for weeks and hours paid). Hours beyond specified requirement will be considered volunteer/education experience only.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5262-2023
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 19, 2023
The Housing Committee Chairperson investigates and recommends policies and programs concerning under-represented communities at UC Davis. The committee accomplishes this task by establishing liaison and achieving rapport with all on-campus and off-campus bodies affecting said communities and their quality of life at the University. Composed of nine members and up to four alternates, the committee welcomes visitors at its weekly meetings.
Our goal is to help create a better housing experience for the Davis community. We are here to propose legislation and support events that better educate the public on housing concerns. We voice issues that draw connections to inadequate housing to represent our communities, student body, and the University of California, Davis, more effectively.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Must organize and lead weekly committee meetings and projects - assist in passing of legislation, grants, and funding
- Regulating social media’s
- Help the committee members in undergoinging projects and communicating to the rest of the committee
- Coordinate events or outreach to student orgs
- Provide input and effective solutions to the issues that affect underrepresented communities on our campus
- Facilitate meetings with the commission
- Open mind and positive attitude
- Ability to work well with others
- Social Media Infographic Skills
- Good writing & communication skills
- A level of cross-cultural understanding
- Previous and/or present connection to various Housing organizations
- Passion for advocating for marginalized and underrepresented communities
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.