Student Government: Elections Committee Chair
Name: Tal Topf
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 0-10 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 12, 2014
Job Number: 0008-0528-2013
Last Date to Apply: May 30, 2013
The Chairperson of the ASUCD Elections Committee is
responsible for conducting all ASUCD elections Elections during his/her term.
The Chairperson will lead the five-person Committee in organizing and
implementing successful elections and will be responsible for ensuring a fair,
efficient, and non-partisan election process. (ASUCD General Elections are
scheduled for the 7th week of fall and winter quarters, and
additional Special Elections may occur as well.)
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet with the Elections Committee as needed.Assign duties and supervise tasks to be performed by the Committee.
- Facilitate candidates’ workshops and other events.
- Arrange, plan, and implement all logistics necessary for each Election.
- Facilitate Elections outreach and publicity.
- Organize the Elections Calendar for each Election.
- Enforce all Elections Codes and Regulations.
- Educate students regarding Elections procedures.
- Dependable, detail-oriented
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Quick learner
- Must be impartial
- Experience with social and/or traditional media a plus Knowledge of campus media resources a plus
- Experience managing events a plus Public speaking skills a plus
- Prior ASUCD experience and/or knowledge of the ASUCD Election Codes a plus
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list any clubs, student organizations, and/or student groups that you have been involved with on campus, for how long, and in what role(s) (or from your previous campus, if you are a transfer student).
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.