Student Government: Gender and Sexuality Commission Members and Alternates
Name: Robert Helfend
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: ~2 hrs/wk
Start Date: June 15, 2014
End Date: June 15, 2015
Job Number: 0008-0554-2014
Last Date to Apply: May 28, 2014
The purpose of GASC is to work with students, administration, ASUCD, student groups, campus centers, and other relevant bodies to fulfill our mission statement of: planning programs, promoting awareness, and reviewing legislation regarding LGBTQIA issues, sexual health, sexual assault, gender equity, reproductive justice and more.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly meetings - Tuesdays, tentatively 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- Collaborate with the commission and support relevant UC Davis bodies
- Collaborate with other commission members on GASC programs and projects outside of commission meetings (generally 1-3 hours per week)
- Respond to communications promptly and check email at least once a day
Applicants should be reliable, highly motivated, and passionate about
making a positive difference in the world. We are seeking team players
and self-starters with creative and critical input to enhance the
commission's projects and policy recommendations. Students of all
backgrounds and years are encouraged to apply.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.