Student Government: Elections Committee Chair
Name: Maxwell Kappes
Payrate: $63/wk (pending 2014-2015 budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 0-10 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 12, 2014
Job Number: 0008-0561-2014
Last Date to Apply: May 1, 2014
The Chairperson of the ASUCD Elections Committee is
responsible for conducting all ASUCD elections Elections during their term.
The Chairperson will lead the five-person Committee in organizing and
implementing successful elections and will be responsible for ensuring a fair,
efficient, and non-partisan election process. (ASUCD General Elections are
scheduled for the 7th week of fall and winter quarters, and
additional Special Elections may occur as well.)
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet with the Elections Committee as needed.Assign duties and supervise tasks to be performed by the Committee.
- Facilitate candidates’ workshops and other events.
- Arrange, plan, and implement all logistics necessary for each Election.
- Facilitate Elections outreach and publicity.
- Organize the Elections Calendar for each Election.
- Enforce all Elections Codes and Regulations.
- Educate students regarding Elections procedures.
- Dependable, detail-oriented
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Quick learner
- Must be impartial
- Ability to make tough and unpopular decisions
- Can work under pressure
- Experience with social and/or traditional media a plus Knowledge of campus media resources a plus
- Experience managing events a plus Public speaking skills a plus
- Prior ASUCD experience and/or knowledge of the ASUCD Election Codes a plus
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.