Student Government: Elections Committee - Marketing Chair
Name: Maxwell Kappes
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Oct. 3, 2014
End Date: Feb. 21, 2015
Job Number: 0008-0574-2014
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 2, 2014
The Marketing Chair is responsible for coordinating all
events for ASUCD elections. In addition, the Marketing Chair will take
part in organizing and implementing successful elections under the direction of
the Elections Chair and will help ensure a fair, efficient, and non-partisan
election process. (ASUCD General Elections are scheduled for the 7th
week of fall and winter quarters, and additional Special Elections may occur as
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Outreach to undergraduates and student groups, providing information regarding elections, ballots, and candidates.
- Work with the Elections Committee Chair and
other Committee Members to organize and execute successful ASUCD elections.
- Work with other committee members to ensure election publicity and outreach.
- Meet weekly with the five-member committee and assist the Elections Committee Chair in administrative duties.
- Knowledge of campus organizations, student groups, and other ways of reaching out to undergraduates.
- Dependable, detail-oriented
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Quick learner
- Must be impartial
- Experience with social and/or traditional media
- Knowledge of campus media resources a plus
- Experience managing events a plus
- Public speaking skills a plus
- Prior ASUCD experience and/or knowledge of the ASUCD Election Codes a plus
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.