Student Government: Elections Committee - Policy Chair
Name: Maxwell Kappes
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Oct. 3, 2014
End Date: March 12, 2015
Job Number: 0008-0575-2014
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 2, 2014
The Policy Chair is responsible for
coordinating all policy and regulatory aspects for ASUCD elections. In
addition, the Policy Chair will take part in organizing and
implementing successful elections under the direction of the Elections Chair
and will help ensure a fair, efficient, and non-partisan election process.
(ASUCD General Elections are scheduled for the 7th week of fall and
winter quarters, and additional Special Elections may occur as well.)
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Knowledge of (or willingness and ability to learn) the ASUCD Elections Codes.
- Dependable, detail-oriented
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Quick learner
- Must be impartial
- Experience with social and/or traditional media a plus
- Knowledge of campus media resources a plus
- Experience managing events a plus
- Public speaking skills a plus
- Prior ASUCD experience and/or knowledge of the
ASUCD Election Codes a plus
- Assist the Elections Chairperson in writing policy- and regulation-related documents (candidate memorandums, public announcements, investigation progress reports, etc.)
- Analyze and investigate complaints brought against candidates.
- Design and implement mechanisms for enforcement of Elections regulations.
- Serve as a resource for educating candidates as to the Elections Codes.
- Work with the Elections Committee Chair and other Committee Members to organize and execute successful (i.e., fair, impartial, and efficient) ASUCD elections.
- Work with other committee members to ensure election publicity and outreach.
- Meet weekly with the five-member committee and assist the Elections Committee Chair in administrative duties.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.