Student Government: Internal Affairs Commission Chair (Fall-Spring 2015-16)
Name: Abhay Sandhu
Payrate: $47/wk (pending budget)
Payrate Stipend: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10+ hrs/week
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2015
End Date: June 6, 2016
Job Number: 0008-0580-2015
Last Date to Apply: May 7, 2015
To effectively lead the Internal Affairs Commission in carrying out its purpose, as well as carrying out the duties of Commission Chair. The Internal Affairs Commission (IAC) investigates and recommends improvements to the ASUCD Constitution, Bylaws, and Long-Range Plans, often authoring legislation as a commission for consideration by the ASUCD Senate.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend and facilitate meetings on Mondays from 4-6 pm
- Submit a quarterly written report detailing the projects and actions of the commission the the ASUCD President Pro Tempore
- Attend all scheduled meetings of the ASUCD Senate
- Hold a minimum of four (4) regular office hours each week
- Report at each Senate meeting on the projects of IAC
- Attend scheduled meetings of the Internet and Networking Committee, Unit Relocation and Space Allocation Committee, Committee on Committees, and any special committee requiring membership of the IAC
- Being impartial
- Extensive knowledge of the ASUCD Bylaws, Constitution, and other legal documents of ASUCD
- Ability to work well with others
- Good writing and communication skills
- Motivated and passionate towards making a difference in the Davis Community
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.