Student Government: Academic Affairs Commission Chair
Name: Allan Bach
Payrate: $47/wk (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-20 hrs/wk
Start Date: June 14, 2015
End Date: June 3, 2016
Job Number: 0008-0598-2015
Last Date to Apply: May 21, 2015
Organize, coordinate, and oversee all commission activities and new projects. Recommend and implement relevant programs, policies, and legislation. Represent the commission's decisions at Senate meetings as an ex-officio member of the Senate.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Impartially preside over all weekly commission meetings.
- Research proposed and pending legislation and draft legislation when necessary or relevant.
- Attend mandatory training with the former Chair.
- Organize and conduct interviews and training of new members.
- Participate on the interviewing panels of other Commissions.
- Hold at least 4 office hours per week.Submit a written quarterly report to the Senate.
- Attend mandatory quarterly meeting with the Student Government Advisor.
- Attend fall quarter Orientation and Recruitment workshop.
- Direct the commission in researching relevant issues that affect the UCD campus community.
- Work closely with other ASUCD units.
- Attend at least one other commission meeting per quarter.
- Meet monthly with other commission Chairs.
- Follow ASUCD By-Laws.
The applicant must posses excellent group, leadership, communication and written skills; including exceptional attendance, reliability and dedication. The applicant must have familiarity with ASUCD by-laws and parliamentary procedure as well as knowledge of ASUCD legislative process and must be able to separate personal politics from duties and obligations as the Chairperson.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.