Student Government: Sexual Assault Awareness and Advocacy Committee Members
Name: Lillianna Valdovinos
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Mondays 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Start Date: Nov. 20, 2014
End Date: June 12, 2014
Job Number: 0008-0617-2014
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 19, 2014
The goal of SAAC is to encourage campus education on what sexual assault is as well as rape culture. This committee will collaborate with different departments such as the WRRC, LGBTQIA and the Davis Police department in order to plan and create events which will bring to light the topic of sexual assault. Students will help inform the public of sexual assault news and initiatives.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Promote/advocate initiatives which will enhance campus knowledge of rape culture, sexual assault etc.
- Collaborate with orgs such as the WRRC, LGBTQIA and Greek Life to promote awareness.
- Plan and facilitate events which will enhance knowledge of rape culture and sexual assault.
- Interest in promoting awareness of sexual assault
- Available to attend Monday meetings from 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- Knowledge/experience with marginalized communities preferred
- Commitment to collaborating w/campus organizations and other students in general
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.