Unitrans: Customer Outreach Coordinator
Name: Nicolette Rice
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 9 - 15 hrs/week
Start Date: March 6, 2015
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0683-2015
Last Date to Apply: March 5, 2015
Provide support, handle customer queries and outreach to customers.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Transit Customer Outreach
- Teach community members how to use Unitrans as a form of transportation
- Conduct personal trip planning assistance
- Disseminate information about Unitrans service options (routes, schedules, fares) at various venues
- Coordinate group presentations
- Accompany community members on bus routes, as needed
- Develop and edit content for publication and training materials based on customer needs.
- Answer phone calls on multiple lines
- Respond to inquiries on specific information regarding Unitrans service
- Give out accurate route and schedule information regarding Unitrans
- Handle customer complaints and commendations in a positive, amicable manner
- Take messages and forward phone calls as appropriate
- Greet visitors in a friendly, professional manner
- Maintain the positive atmosphere of the Business Office
- Assist and direct customers with non-valuable lost and found items
- Handle bus pass transactions in the Business Office
- Enter daily passenger count data
- Complete data entry tasks by deadlines specified by the Business Office Manager
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
- Ability to work and remain focused in a sometimes hectic atmosphere
- Ability to work with customers in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to navigate GPS-based website system and operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good communication skills both on the phone and in person
- Ability to assess customers’ needs to develop effective personal transit trip plans
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and ability
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.