Unitrans: Lead Assistant Driver Trainer
Name: Lisa Brackney
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $11.25/hr and $20/wk stipend
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 8-12 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0698-2012
Last Date to Apply: April 26, 2012
Assist Safety & Training Supervisor and provide oversight to Assistant Driver Trainers (ADTs).
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Oversee new trainees
1. Coordinate schedule of new hires and ADTs.
2. Prepare New Hire paperwork.
3. Assist classroom training, including organizing Phase 1.
4. Coordinate summer training camp including daily training schedule bus board.
5. Coordinate training between other Unitrans departments such as Support Services and Shop.
B. Oversee ADTs
1. Assist S&TS with ADT evaluations.
2. Oversee new ADT training process including post-qualification and related paperwork.
3. Assist S&TS in running the bi-weekly ADT meetings.
4. Track ADT success rate by surveying trainees and reviewing trainee driving records.
C. Other Responsibilities
1. Assist S&TS in training department retreat planning and implementation.
2. Participate in all ADT hiring panels.
3. Meet weekly with S&TS.
4. Attend Train the Trainer workshop (to be determined) to provide more advanced training skills.
5. Recruit ADTs and promote the training department within Unitrans.
6. Coordinate quarterly driver evaluations with Route Training Manager.
7. Oversee double deck Driver refreshers in September.
8. Oversee accident and return to duty refresher.
A. Must have at least 150 ADT training hours.
B. Must have a good driving record, with no avoidable accidents or safety probations within the past year.
C. Must be a learning resource for all ADTs.
D. Ability to demonstrate good organization and time management skills.
E. Should provide leadership to ADTs and Trainees.
F. Must be able to exercise sound independent judgement of self and others.
G. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
H. Must be able to quickly establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Unitrans management and training staff, particularly the S&TS, RTM, and HRM.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.