Unitrans: Support Services Manager
Name: Cameron Scott
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $10.75/hr +$20 /wk stipend
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 10-20 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0700-2012
Last Date to Apply: April 26, 2012
Organize and supervise Support Services staff in order to keep all Unitrans equipment and facilities in the best appearance, with particular emphasis on bus exteriors and interiors.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Organize and supervise coach cleaning, including: 40%
1. Ensure coach cleaning occurs on a daily basis with evening and weekend crews.
2. Coordinating with Operations and Specialized Transportation Services to determine which vehicles need to be cleaned .
3. Arrange periodic cleaning and maintenance of bus terminals and passenger shelters.
4. Responsible for recording equipment cleaned for employee incentive program.
5. Ensuring all vehicles cleaned meet quality control standards.
B. Supervise Support Services staff, including: 40%
1. Conduct meetings with Support Services Supervisors on a regular basis.
2. Coordinate with Human Resources Manager to recruit Support Services Supervisors and Assistants.
3. Coordinate with the Bus Operations Trainer for vehicle operation in the parking lot.
4. Coordinate bus washer training with a shop representative.
5. Immediately report all vehicle accidents to the Route Supervisor.
6. Notify the Route Supervisor or Dispatcher of any damage discovered during the coach cleaning process.
7. Work with the Assistant General Manager of Operations to file worker's compensation claims and to conduct investigations.
8. Responsible for bi-weekly payroll records.
C. Maintain cleaning equipment, washing area, and stock of cleaning equipment: 20%
1. Oversee maintenance of bus washer, including:
a. Ensure bus washer operates as designed.
b. Perform minor repairs, as necessary .
c. Report any problems to shop representatives.
2. Ensure that the wash pad and bus wash area are cleaned.
3. Maintain stock of cleaning equipment, including:
a. Maintain inventory of printed Support Services forms.
b. Maintain inventory of all cleaning supplies.
c. Notify Shop Storekeeper when supplies are needed.
A. Must work as a Support Services Supervisor and/or Assistant a minimum of 6 hours per week.
B. Operate transit vehicles, as needed.
C. Must not be on strike or accident probation.
D. Must participate in weekly manager meetings.
The skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the Unitrans Support Services Manager may be acquired, to a large extent, through on-the-job training and experience. Only general, fundamental attributes necessary for this position are listed below.
A. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
B. Ability to communicate along all lines of authority.
C. Willingness to work well with others.
D. Willingness to complete physically demanding tasks.
E. Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.