Unitrans: Office Clerk
Name: Eva Ma
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $8.25 hr
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 8 -10 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0719-2012
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 1, 2012
Provide support, handle customer queries, and enter data in the Unitrans Business Office.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Receptionist in the Unitrans Business Office:
- Answer phone calls on multiple lines
- Respond to inquiries on specific information regarding Unitrans service
- Give out accurate route and schedule information regarding Unitrans
- Handle customer complaints and commendations in a positive, amicable manner
- Take messages and forward phone calls as appropriate
- Greet visitors in a friendly, professional manner
- Maintain the positive atmosphere of the Business Office
- Assist and direct customers with non-valuable lost and found items
- Handle bus pass transactions in the Business Office
- Enter daily passenger count data
- Complete data entry tasks by deadlines specified by the Business Office Manager
- Any other duties assigned by the Business Office Manager.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
- Ability to work and remain focused in a sometimes hectic atmosphere
- Ability to work with customers in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to navigate GPS-based website system and operate MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good communication skills both on the phone and in person
- Must be able to learn Unitrans policy, procedures and routes. Knowledge of the campus and city of Davis is preferred.
- MUST be able to work summers and breaks
- Must be available to start training immediately
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.