Unitrans: Shop Office Assistant
Name: Jennifer Tucker
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 10-12 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0729-2013
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 21, 2013
Office Assistant for the UNITRANS Shop.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
1. Balance daily fuel usage of diesel and CNG for Unitrans buses and support vehicles.
2. Daily update on Excel to create monthly fuel reports.
3. Daily transfer of drivers' mechanical requests to work orders.
4. Review and complete purchase orders for parts and materials.
5. Enter received inventory data into Transit Fleet software system from purchase orders.
6. Enter daily vehicle work order data of mechanics hours, work completed and vehicle information into computer system.
7. Balance student and career labor hours.
8. Answer phones and take messages when needed.
9. Maintain office filing. As per Federal & State Standards.
10. Work with fax, copy machine and printers.
11. Run errands/distribute documents between business offices.
12. Other duties may be assigned by Admin. Assistant.
1. Knowledge of basic Excel and Word.
2. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
3. Ability to work with people in a personable and amicable manner.
4. Desire to learn Unitrans policy and procedures.
5. Good telephone skills.
6. Good communication skills.
7. Good organization skills. 8. Ability to work during part or all of summer sessions one and/or two.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.