Unitrans: Business Office Manager
Name: Beth Battershell
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $10.00/hr + $20/2 wk Stipend
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8-12 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0744-2014
Last Date to Apply: April 17, 2014
Supervise Office Clerks and daily functioning of the Unitrans Business Office.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Supervise Office Clerks
- Ensure that all Office Clerk tasks are completed in a thorough and timely fashion - in particular, passenger data entry and pass sales.
- Ensure that all shifts are covered - this includes scheduling shift selections at the beginning of each quarter/finals/break, and helping the OCs switch shifts and get shifts covered as needed throughout the quarter.
- Keep Office Clerk materials up to date - this includes daily checklists and OC resources such as the OC manual, phone lists, cheat sheets, and notices for service changes/special service.
- Work with the programmer to ensure that PAX is correct for data entry.
- Hire and train Office Clerks - evaluate number of clerks needed each quarter and hire and train as necessary.
- Change voicemail and make sure it is up to date.
B. Maintain office equipment
- Keep inventory of office supplies and order as necessary.
- Keep inventory of copier toner and order from supplier as necessary.
C. File Paperwork
- Keep organized files of all Office Clerk Paperwork, Service Interruption Reports, and Supply Order Forms
D. Attend and Hold Meetings
- Hold meetings to keep the Office Clerks up to date on announcements and updates on Unitrans
-Attend a Managers Meeting once a week and keep detailed notes about announcements to send out to all the managers after the meeting
- Attend a Unitrans Mandatory Meeting once a quarter to introduce new staff and give out awards
1. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
2. Ability to communicate along all lines of authority.
3. Good organizational skills.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.