Unitrans: Assistant Driver Trainer
Name: Yasmin Bastida
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $10.75 /hr.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 10 hrs./week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0745-2013
Last Date to Apply: May 23, 2013
Unitrans provides bus service for the University and the City of Davis.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Administer the Unitrans Driver Trainer Program
1. Assist in the design and documentation of all Unitrans equipment and efficient in-service performance of drivers.
2. Train all new Unitrans drivers in accordance with the driver training program in a timely fashion.
3. Make recommendations concerning trainees to the Safety and Training Supervisor.
B. Administer driver evaluation and retraining.
1. In coordination with other Assistant Driver Trainers, provide and document in-service evaluation of every driver at least once each academic quarter.
2. Provide and document in-service retraining to all drivers as needed to meet the objective of this position.
3. Provide and document out-of-service retraining to all drivers as needed to meet the objective of this position.
4. Submit training and evaluations records to the Saftey and Training Supervisor for review and filing.
5. Provide and document accident refresher training and make recommendations to the Safety and Training Supervisor upon completion of training.
1. Teaching skills necessary to train students on proper operation of transit vehicles.
2. Organizational skills necessary to administer the training program.
3. Knowledge of the structure and procedures of the Unitrans system.
4. Basic mechanical knowledge necessary to operate Unitrans equipment.
5. Must have a good driving record.
G. Must be licensed to drive Class B vehicles for 1yr.
7. Must have worked for Unitrans for 3 full quarters or 400 driving hours.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Driver's License #
- License Exp. Date
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.