Unitrans: Personnel Assistant
Name: Liz Morris
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0751-2014
Last Date to Apply: April 17, 2014
Responsible for assisting the Human Resources Manager in maintaining current employee morale through various events and activities. Responsible for the monthly of the staff newsletter. Assist the HRM and the GM on special projects. Attend mandatory meetings.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Coordinate and produce the monthly newsletter.
1. Work closely with the HRM while producing the newsletter.
2. Collect information to be included in the newsletter from the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Safety and Training Supervisor and other student managers.
3. Use Microsoft Word template to create the newsletter.
4. Oversee the production of the newsletter.
5. Ensure that all employees have access to the newsletter through the email list serve.
B. Assistant to the HRM on various projects.
1. Assist the HRM in planning employee events and activities such as employee appreciation week, employee breakfast, and other group activities.
2. Assist the HRM in promoting hiring through the use of flyers and other media.
3. Assist the Human Resources Manager and the General Manager on special projects as the need arises.
C. Keep employee boxes in dispatch up to date with current employee numbers.
1. Obtain a list of current employees.
2. Frequently consult with the driver trainer and obtain a list of all new employees who have or are close to completing their training.
3. For each employee, ensure that a box out at dispatch is labeled with his/her employee number.
1. Prepare check in/ check out sheet of all employees required to attend the meeting in advance
2. Set up room for meeting
3. Check in employees as they arrive to the meeting.
4. Help distribute employee glassware as needed
5. Tear down room following the meeting.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.