Unitrans: Assistant Driver Trainer
Name: Dana Fritz
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $10.75 /hr.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15hrs./week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0756-2013
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 20, 2013
Unitrans provides bus service for the University and the City of Davis.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Administer the Unitrans Driver Trainer Program
- Maintain current knowledge of driving, training, and safety requirements.
- Responsible for knowledge of DMV pretrip and performance of DMV driving skills.
- Assist in the design and documentation of all Unitrans equipment and efficient in-service performance of drivers.
- Train all new Unitrans drivers in accordance with the driver training program in a timely fashion.
- Make recommendations concerning trainees to the Safety and Training Supervisor.
- Attend biweekly meetings
B. Administer driver evaluation and retraining.
- In coordination with other Assistant Driver Trainers, provide and document in-service evaluation of every driver at least once each academic quarter.
- Provide and document in-service retraining to all drivers as needed to meet the objective of this position.
- Provide and document out-of-service retraining to all drivers as needed to meet the objective of this position.
- Submit training and evaluations records to the Safety and Training Supervisor for review and filing.
- Provide and document accident refresher training and make recommendations to the Safety and Training Supervisor upon completion of training.
- Teaching skills necessary to train students on proper operation of transit vehicles.
- Organizational skills necessary to administer the training program.
- Knowledge of the structure and procedures of the Unitrans system.
- Basic mechanical knowledge necessary to operate Unitrans equipment.
- Must have a good driving record.
- 400 Lifetime Hours
- 1 year with a class B license or 3 quarters of driving.
- Not on strike or accident probation
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.