Unitrans: Route Trainer Manager
Name: Amanda Kaschube
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: 11.75/hr + $20/2 wk stipend
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0770-2014
Last Date to Apply: May 1, 2014
Provide management oversight to the Route Training program.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Oversee Route Trainers
1. work with Human Resource Manager (HRM) to ensure an adequate number of Route Trainers (RTs) are hired and trained
2. implement & oversee RT training program
3. maintain & update RT manual
4. assist the Safety & Training Supervisor (S&TS) in monitoring RT performance to ensure that all RTs are performing up to Unitrans standards
5. organize RT evaluation sheets and ensure timely tracking
6. evaluate RTs
7. maintain regular communication with all RTs
8. lead bi-weekly RT sign-up sheet
9. enter RT evaluation sheets in spreadsheet
10. maintain weekly RT sign-up sheet
11. ensure RT driving requirements are all filled; coordinate RT shift summary approval with HRM during Priority
B. Oversee Route Trainees
1. ensure trainees fulfill requirements
2. communicate with route trainees to ensure quick completion of training
3. recommend approval of route trainees for revenue service
4. make approval recommendations to S&TS when a route trainee finishes
C. Other Responsibilities
1. lead hiring process for new Route Trainers
a. recruit RTs & promote training program with Unitrans
2. work with career staff regarding termination of RTs
3. assist S&TS in training department retreat planning and implementation
4. oversee quarterly Driver evaluations in coordination with Lead Assistant Driver Trainer (LADT)
5. coordinate Summer Refreshers
6. assist as needed with training program
A. Must have worked at least three quarters as RT or ADT
B. Must have a good driving record, with no avoidable accidents or safety probations within the past year.
C. Ability to demonstrate good organization and time management skills
D. Should provide leadership to Route Trainers and trainees
E. Must be able to exercise sound independent judgment of self and others
F. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others
G. Must be able to quickly establish and maintain a strong working relationship with Unitrans management and training staff, particularly the S&TS, LADT and HRM
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.