Unitrans: Administrative Office Clerk
Name: LIz Morris
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: yes
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0776-2014
Last Date to Apply: May 27, 2014
This position is located in the basement of South Hall. The Administrative Office Clerks have duties including accounts payable, pass distribution, pass sale money collection, billing, record-keeping, and assisting the Administrative Assistant. The position is opened until filled and we will notify all applicants appropriately.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
a. Collect mail and shop paperwork - date stamp, and sort appropriately.
b. Code and process all received paperwork with correct accounts.
c. Copy and deliver approved invoices to ASUCD for processing.
d. Update Excel spreadsheets for proper record keeping, filing away paperwork as necessary.
e. Contact shopkeeper, Accounts Receivable Department, or vendors to troubleshoot basic discrepancies on invoices and orders.
f. Provide back-up support to office clerks in the Business Office.
a. Collect money from pass sales from Uni-1 and other outlets around Davis; deliver to ASUCD.
b. Keep records of the cash fare receipts from daily bus vault deposits.
a. Prepare, distribute, and log Unitrans Bus Passes to various selling locations in Davis.
b. Record all types of Regional Transit bus passes received from bus vaults and return Yolobus passes as appropriate.
c. Go through all statements and DaFis to ensure payments were made.
d. Assist on special projects with Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to complete work assignments with limited supervision and to seek advice and direction when the assignments and/or instructions are unclear.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, including the maintenance of a well-organized record-keeping system.
- Ability to follow Unitrans and University policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with basic office equipment, including desktop computers, phone systems, copy/scan machine, fax, etc.
- Ability to work with or learn Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work well with money and numbers.
- Ability to work well in an active office with constant interruptions.
- Have a Class C drivers license or another way of distributing passes off campus.
- Have good to excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available to work summers and breaks. (Most importantly, June and July)
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.