Unitrans: Route Supervisor
Name: Shazib Haq
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 15-20 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0785-2014
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 25, 2014
To maintain the safe, efficient, and effective daily operations of the Unitrans system.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
a. held directly responsible for the location and status of all Unitrans vehicles at all times.
b. In charge of handling check-ins and making sure that all employees arrive for shifts. Also responsible for contacting employees in the event of uncovered and/or missed shifts.
c. Dispatches trippers as necessary.
2. Road Supervisor
a. Oversees and responds to accidents, bus problems, bus switches, minor repair, fluid spills, etc.
b. Ensure that terminals are well stocked with schedules.
c. Completes Driver evaluations.
d. Serves as a messenger between the Maintenance Facility and Uni-1.
e. Shuttles employees when possible.
f. Fuels vehicles when needed.
3. On-Call Supervisor
a. Oversees in-town charters outside of regular service hours.
b. Oversees out of town charters.
c. Oversees Sunday Amtrak Shuttle.
d. Oversees Uni-Ride Shuttle
1. Must currently be a Unitrans driver.
2. Knowledge of the Unitrans system including familiarity with daily operations.
3. Knowledge of the capabilities of the different types of Unitrans vehicles.
4. Obtain a class B driver's license.
5. Organizational skills
6. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
7. Ability to communicate along all lines of authority.
8. Listening skills
9. Ability to make objective personnel decisions.
10. Abilty to motivate people to meet necessary deadlines.
11. Must be completely trained on automatic double deck buses.
12. Able to motivate fellow workers to meet necessary deadlines.
13. Must be able to be conductor trained.
14. Must not be on probation or suspension of any form.
15. Must complete approximately 70 hours of shadowing before assuming the full responsibilities of a Route Supervisor.
16. Must be able to work at least one full year after completing shadowing.
17. Must submit a typed Unitrans employment application complete with a cover letter and resume.
18. Must be available for interviews on 9/26 from 13:00 onward
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.