Unitrans: Operations Assistant
Name: Eduardo E Castillo-Aguilar
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0797-2015
Last Date to Apply: June 4, 2015
Unitrans is seeking qualified people to fill the position of Operations Assistant. The successful applicants will work closely with the Operations Manager in maintaining the smooth operations of the Unitrans system by fulfilling one or any combination of the listed internal OA positions
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Head Operations Assistant
- Will serve as the team leader for whole OA team
- Lead supe meetings when OM is unavailable
- Point of contact for supervisors if the OM is unavailable
- Receive, document, and respond (as necessary) to incident reports
- Replenish and draft orders for supplies need from supervisors
- File daily paperwork
- Primarily responsible for shift creation on UNI throughout the quarter
- Communicates with IT inform to inform them of issues and resolve common problems
- Lead Assistant at Mandatory to ensure shifts are not getting damaged
- Attend Planning Meetings with the OM
- Draft reroutes to events that will affect Unitrans service
- Review ridership data and propose changes to trippers
- Serve as the connection between the Operations Manager and Transit Planning Manager
- Each OA is encouraged to take on personal projects that would benefit the company overall
- Training will involve learning how to perform each of the tasks listed above
- If offered the position, applicant is required to train and work over the summer
- Positions offered are not limited to 4
- Each applicant will be evaluated and fitted into a position if applicable
- Supplementation questions will be given once all applications are turned in
1. Must have current employment with Unitrans.
2. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
3. Ability to communicate along all lines of authority.
4. Ability to give and take directions.
5. Good organizational skills.
6. Must be available to assist at mandatory meetings.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION WITH COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.