Unitrans: Customer Outreach Coordinator
Name: Julie Roberts
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Up to 15 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-0805-2015
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 1, 2015
Provide customer support, handle customer queries, and coordinate campus and community outreach efforts.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Travel Training Outreach
- Coordinate the development of a new travel training program on how to use Unitrans as a form of transportation, and manage all aspects of the program
- Conduct group and individual travel training activities, and recruit and train existing Unitrans staff to assist with these activities.
- Reach out to various groups on campus and throughout the community and coordinate presentations as needed.
- Respond to requests from individuals to accompany them on bus trips to provide guidance on how to complete a transit trip, including transfers from one route to another.
- Develop and implement a program evaluation process to identify areas needing improvement and/or additional resources for proper implementation.
B. Event Planning Outreach
- Assist the Business Office Manager and Outreach & Retention Coordinator in organizing Unitrans’ presence at various outreach events throughout the year.
- Coordinate the set-up and take-down of supplies at outreach events, including recruitment of existing Unitrans staff to assist with these activities.
- Maintain relationships and contact information with external event coordinators.
- Work with Unitrans Marketing staff to develop and edit content (flyers, booklets) appropriate for distributing at each venue.
Skills and Requirement:
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility and problem-solving skill
- Must be highly motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and remain focused in a sometimes hectic atmosphere
- Ability to work with customers in a friendly, professional manner
- Ability to navigate a GPS-based website system and operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good communication skills both on the phone and in person
- Ability to assess customers’ needs to develop effective personal transit trip plans
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and ability
- Must be able to quickly learn Unitrans policy, procedures and routes. Knowledge of the campus and city of Davis is preferred.
- MUST be able to work summers and breaks
- Must be available to start training immediately
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.