Coffee House: Cash Room Assistant Cashier
Name: Paula Nichols
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 9:00-1:00, Mon-Wed-Fri
Start Date: March 30, 2015
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-0864-2015
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 26, 2015
Assistant Cashier to work in the ASUCD Cash Office located in the Memorial Union Building. This position is responsible for sorting & counting cash/coin, preparing check deposits, making change & assisting the ASUCD Sr. Cashier.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Responsible for sorting and counting daily cash in the ASUCD Cash Office.
- Prepare change fund bank bags.
- Verify money pulled from cash registers.
- Fill change requests.
- Prepare and balance check and cash deposits.
- Prepare armored carrier receipts and deposit forms.
- Band currency and roll coin.
- File paperwork.
- Miscellaneous duties as requested.
- Experience handling large amounts of cash and coin.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle repetitive tasks.
- Print legibly and transfer figures accurately.
- Position requires moving/lifting containers and boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with frequent interruptions, while under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in confined environment with constant noise.
- Must be able to prioritize workload.
- Ability to use 10-key calculator & various cash counting equipment.
- Knowledge of basic filing concepts.
- Tact and diplomacy to deal effectively with diverse groups of individuals and ability to handle complaints/problems with composure.
- Must be dependable.
- Must be able to work mornings in continuous 4 hour block of time.
***Successful applicants are subject to a criminal background check which includes fingerprinting and photograph. Individual must be bond-able.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.