Coffee House: Kitchen Employee
Name: Darin Schluep
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15 hrs/week
Start Date: April 23, 2012
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-0865-2012
Last Date to Apply: April 24, 2012
The Coffee House is now hiring kitchen employees to work on the completion of large scale recipes and general food preparation. Tasks include cooking and baking, chopping vegetables, making soups/sauces, maintaining a clean work space in the kitchen and washing dishes. This job will begin ASAP with a hiring meeting. Training will follow depending on your availability. Because you are being hired late in the school year, summer employment is not guaranteed, but if you are hired ( and there are no other performance-related issues) you will be guaranteed a spot for Fall quarter 2012.
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION! INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
1. Display EXCELLENT customer service.
2. Learn basic and more advanced "scratch" cooking and baking techniques. Prepare salads, slice meats and cheeses, prepare vegetables for recipes, create casseroles, sauces, soups, entrees, and make cookies, cakes, frostings and bars.
3. Maintain a safe and sanitary work area during a shift.
4. Work in the dish room and apply closing/cleaning techniques.
5. Work 15 hours per week during the academic year. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30 AM, late evenings, and weekends.
1. No experience necessary. We will train you, however, please list all previous food experience on your application.
2. Must be able to follow directions and complete given tasks.
3. Must display a positive attitude in the workplace.
4. Must have a valid California Food Handler card within 2 weeks of employment. Details will be given at time of hiring.
1. MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR SCHOOL/EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY SCHEDULE IN THE BODY OF YOUR APPLICATION!*
2. MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAIN IMMEDIATELY!
*Your availability to fill our open hours will be taken into consideration when making hiring decisions. Please list any activities that would prevent you from working. If you are hired, a proposed schedule will be sent to you. if you choose not to accept the schedule that we give you, then hiring may be delayed until fall quarter 2012 or cancelled altogether.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.