Coffee House: Cafe Student Manager
Name: Darin Schluep
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: n/a
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 17 hrs/wk
Start Date: Jan. 3, 2012
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-0871-2012
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 14, 2011
ASUCD Dining Services is now hiring a student manager to work with the Café Manager to oversee and work as a barista, food server and cashier in the new CoHo South Café - a small café within the newly-built Student Community Center. PLEASE NOTE: This posting is NOT for a Coffee House position. Rather, this is a new position at a satellite operation. This job will begin the week of Monday, January 2nd with a hiring meeting and training to be scheduled once hiring decisions have been made. Regular work schedules will begin on approximately Monday, January 9th.
Please read this job posting thoroughly before you fill out an application. Incomplete applications will be discarded.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Oversee and display EXCELLENT customer service.
- Work with the Café Manager to oversee and participate in the preparation and service of food and beverages to our customers. You will learn and train others how to brew coffee, prepare wraps, salads and sandwiches, and make an assortment of espresso drinks.
- Supervise the ringing up of customers' purchases, stocking of various items and the maintaining of a balanced cash drawer.
- Maintain a clean work area and dining room during a shift.
- Apply closing/cleaning techniques.
- Work a minimum of 17 hours per week. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30 am, closing shifts ending at 7:30 pm and weekends.
- Please list all previous supervisory and/or managerial experience in a food service, retail or café environment.
- Please list all previous food service, cashiering and/or barista experience. Experience is not necessary, but it is a plus.
- Must be able to follow directions and complete given tasks.
- Must display a positive attitude in the workplace and excellent customer service.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO ATTEND A HIRING MEETING AND TRAINING THE WEEK OF JANUARY 2ND (exact date to be determined
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.