Coffee House: Cashier
Name: Lauren Woods
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15hr/wk
Start Date: April 1, 2013
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-0872-2013
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 12, 2013
The Coffee House is now hiring cashiers with previous cashier experience for spring quarter 2013!
Interviews for this position will be held in person February 25th -- March 1st.
Newly hired cashiers are required to attend an orientation on Friday, March 8th, from either 9:00 am - Noon OR 2:00 - 5:00pm.
Training will take place the week of March 11th. You MUST be able to train that week... NO EXCEPTIONS!
Regular spring quarter schedules will begin on the first day of instruction, Monday, April 1st, 2013.
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED!
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Display EXCELLENT customer service.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
- Work in the various areas of the Coffee House to ring up our customers' purchases, stock various items, and maintain a clean area during a shift.
- Work between 1-2 hours per week as a busser in the dining room and apply closing/cleaning techniques.
- Work a minimum of 15 hours per week and a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30am and closing shifts ranging between 7-10:30pm, Monday through Friday, and weekend shifts.
- Must have previous cashier experience.
- Must have a current CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER CARD within 2 weeks of employment. Cost is ~ $15. Cards can be obtained online. Details will be given if you are hired.
- Must be able to work independently in a constructive manner.
- Must display a positive attitude at the workplace.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO
INTERVIEW/TRAIN ON THE DAYS/TIMES LISTED ABOVE!
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.