Coffee House: Out Front Employee
Name: Lauren Woods
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $8.00 /hr
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15 hrs/wk
Start Date: April 1, 2013
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-0874-2013
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 12, 2013
The Coffee House is now hiring out front employees for spring quarter 2013!. Employees will be preparing and serving great food with a smile to our 7000+ daily customers.
Group interviews for this position will be held in person February 25th -- March 1st.
Newly hired employees are required to attend an orientation session on Friday, March 8th from either 9:00 am -- Noon or 2:00 -- 5:00 pm.
Training will take place the week of March 11th and work schedules will begin on the first day of spring quarter instruction: Monday, April 1st.
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT AN APPLICATION! INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED!!
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Display EXCELLENT customer service.
- Work in the various areas of the Coffee House to prepare and serve food to our customers. You will learn how to make pizzas from scratch, make burritos, brew coffee, prepare pho and curry soup, and prepare sandwiches and bagels.
- Stock and maintain a clean area during a shift.
- Work in the dish room and apply closing/cleaning techniques.
- Work a minimum of 15 hours per week. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30am, closing shifts ranging between 6pm-10:30pm Monday through Friday, with possibly weekends.
- No experience necessary, but a background in food service is a plus. Please list all previous food service experience on your application.
- Must have a current CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER CARD within 2 weeks of employment. Cost is $15. Cards can be obtained online. Details will be given if you are hired.
- Must be able to follow directions and complete given tasks.
- Must display a positive attitude in the workplace.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW/TRAIN ON THE DAYS/TIMES LISTED ABOVE!!
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.