Coffee House: AS Dining Services Sustainability Intern
Name: Darin Schluep
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $8.00/ hr
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 10-15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Jan. 7, 2013
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-0876-2012
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 6, 2012
Associated Students Dining Services (comprised of the ASUCD
Coffee House, CoHo-To-Go Convenience Store and the CoHo South Café) is looking
for a motivated, qualified student to take on the role of Sustainability
Intern. AS Dining Services is a unique,
primarily student-staffed food service operation focused on offering
sustainable, made-from-scratch menu items to the UC Davis community.
The student selected for this internship should be prepared to work independently to set and achieve goals and to also communicate effectively with the AS Dining Services management team and Director as needed to foster a collaborative process. The student selected will finish the internship having gained broad experience in operational analysis with a focus on sustainability, data collection & evaluation and various components of sustainable retail food service.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Conduct periodic sustainability audits of all AS
Dining Service facilities in order to pinpoint potential areas for growth
2. Offer recommendations to the AS Dining Services management team on ways to become a more sustainable operation
3. Maintain records of sustainable food purchases
4. Act as a liaison between AS Dining Services and the UC Davis Waste Reduction and Recycling department
5. Develop and implement programming relating to sustainable initiatives, including Meatless Monday, Food Day, etc.
6. Coordinate customer outreach to “tell the story” of AS Dining Services’ sustainable practices
Must be a UC Davis student
2. Able to work at least 12 hours per week
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
5. Knowledge of AS Dining Service operations a plus
6. Personal laptop for on-site work a plus
7. Sustainability-based experience not required but will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this position
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.