Coffee House: Kitchen Employee
Name: Elisa Hagopian
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15 hrs/week
Start Date: April 1, 2013
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-0878-2013
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 12, 2013
The Coffee House is now hiring kitchen employees to work on the completion of large scale recipes and general food preparation. Tasks include cooking and baking, chopping vegetables, making soups/sauces, maintaining a clean work space in the kitchen and washing dishes.
Group interviews for this position will be held in person February 25th -- March 1st.
Newly hired employees are required to attend an orientation session on Friday, March 8th, from either 9:00 am - Noon OR 2:00 - 5:00pm.
Training will take place the week of March 11th and work schedules will begin on the first day of spring quarter instruction: Monday, April 1st.
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED!
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Display EXCELLENT customer service.
- Learn basic and more advanced "scratch" cooking and baking techniques. Prepare salads, slice meats and cheeses, prepare vegetables for recipes, create casseroles, sauces, soups, entrees, and make cookies, cakes, frostings and bars.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work area during a shift.
- Work in the dish room and apply closing/cleaning techniques.
- Work 15 hours per week during the academic year. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30 AM, late evenings, and weekends.
- No experience necessary. We will train you, however, please list all previous food experience on your application.
- Must have a current CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER CARD within 2 weeks of employment. Cost is ~$15. Cards can be obtained online. Details will be given if you are hired.
- Must be able to follow directions and complete given tasks.
- Must display a positive attitude in the workplace.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW/TRAIN ON THE DAYS/TIMES LISTED ABOVE!
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.