Coffee House: Cashier
Name: Emily Weidemann
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15hr/wk
Start Date: Nov. 9, 2015
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-0903-2015
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 21, 2015
The Coffee House is now hiring cashiers with previous cashier experience for Fall/Winter Quarter 2015/16!
- Interviews for this position will be held in person November 2nd-6th.
- Newly hired employees are required to attend orientation sessions on Monday November 9th through Friday, November 13th (times will vary).
- Training will take place November 14th-22nd. You MUST be able to train that week... NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Regular schedules will begin on November 23rd.
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED!
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Display EXCELLENT customer service.
- Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
- Work in the various areas of the Coffee House to ring up our customers' purchases, stock various items, and maintain a clean area during a shift.
- Work between 1-2 hours per week as a busser in the dining room, emptying trash, wiping tables and stocking service platforms.
- Work between 1-2 hours per week as a S.C.R.E.En team member (Security,Customer Relations,Employee Ethics), monitoring the dining room and service floor for hazards and/or theft and providing customer service.
- Work a minimum of 15 hours per week and a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30am, closing shifts ranging between 7-10:30pm, Monday-Friday, and weekend shifts.
- Must have previous cashier experience.
- Must have a current CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER CARD within 2 weeks of employment. Cost is ~ $15. Details will be given if you are hired.
- Must be able to work independently in a constructive manner.
- Must display a positive attitude at the workplace.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW/TRAIN ON THE DAYS/TIMES LISTED ABOVE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.