Coffee House: Out Front Employee
Name: Emily Weidemann
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $9.00 /hr
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15 hrs/wk
Start Date: Nov. 9, 2015
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-0904-2015
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 21, 2015
The Coffee House is now hiring out-front employees for Fall/Winter Quarter 2015/16! Employees will be preparing and serving great food with a smile to our 9000+ daily customers
- Group interviews for this position will be held in person November 2nd-6th.
- Newly hired employees are required to attend orientation sessions on Monday November 9th-Friday November 13th (times will vary).
- Training will take place November 14th-22nd. You MUST be able to train that week..... NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Regular schedules will begin on November 23rd.
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT AN APPLICATION! INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED!!
Note: Applicants who submit multiple CoHo applications will only be considered for one position, based on the applicant's experience and CoHo staffing needs. If you have a preference for one position over another, please note it in your application.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Display EXCELLENT customer service.
- Work in the various areas of the Coffee House to prepare and serve food to our customers. You will learn how to make pizzas from scratch, make burritos, brew coffee, prepare pho and curry soup, prepare sandwiches and bagels, and much more.
- Stock and maintain a clean area during a shift.
- Work in the dish room and apply closing/cleaning techniques.
- Work a minimum of 15 hours per week. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30 am and closing shifts ranging between 6 pm-10 pm, Monday through Friday with occasional weekends.
- No experience necessary. We will train you, however, please list all previous food experience on your application.
- Must have a current CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER CARD within 2 weeks of employment. Cost is $15. Details will be given if you are hired.
- Must be able to follow directions and complete given tasks.
- Must display a positive attitude in the workplace.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO INTERVIEW/TRAIN ON THE DAYS/TIMES LISTED ABOVE!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.